Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Who is Tintin?

Tintin is the main character of Herge's most famous series, The Adventures of Tintin. He is a young Belgian reporter with a heart of gold. He is identifiable by his blue sweater and cowlicked hair. He is a curious, smart, kind, and adventureous person. He always is followed by his little white fox terrior named Snowy, or Milou in the original versions of the books. Tintin makes many friends during his adventures, such as Captain Haddock, Professor Cuthbert Calculus, Thomson and Thompson, Skut, and Chang Chong-Chen. Tintin has been a literary icon since he first came into print and I do believe will continue to live on thanks to people like Steven Spielberg.

For certain reasons, I feel like I need to tell you how I got interested in the series. My mother used to read the books to me when I was very little. I had loved the colors and the spirit of the main character. After awhile, I had forgotten about the series, but in 2011, I heard that a Tintin movie was coming out. I remembered the name and went to my library. There I found the books and reread them. I fell in love with the series again. I guess I am a Tintin fan for sentimental reasons. So there you have it.  Why Tintin is my subject of research.

No comments:

Post a Comment